Hear Ye Hear Ye!
It’s competition time folks with no time to lose! MASH831 & Bottoms Up will be hosting another Spring Homebrew Competition for ultimate bragging rights with a Tasting Event on May 7th in Salinas. Click Here for More Info More.
Styles to be Judged
Light Hybrid Ales
– Cream Ale
– Blonde Ale
– American Wheat/Rye
India Pale Ale (IPA)
– Black IPA
– Red IPA
– Rye IPA
– Belgian IPA
– Brown IPA
– Wit IPA
– ??? IPA
American Double IPA
– English Pale Ale
– American Pale Ale
– American Amber Ale
– California Common
Belgian & French Ale
– Belgian Saison
Special Category – See Details Below
Fruit Beer (any style)
• Each Entry: $7
• Only 1 entry per category per competitor. A competitor may enter beers in all categories, but not 2 beers in the same category. 2 bottles per entry are required. Entries must be submitted in standard capped amber 12oz or 22oz bottles with no distinct markings.
• Entries must have bottle ID label rubber banded to each bottle. SPRING2016-BOTTLE.ID-FORM
• Bottle Entries will be due between April 20th-April 28th.
• Bottle drop off location: Bottoms Up Homebrew Supply
• Prizes will be awarded for Best of Show, Best Fruit Beer, Best Session IPA & Peoples Choice. 1st Place Winners of the judged competition will be notified prior to the Grand Tasting and receive complimentary ticket to attend.
Play Pro Brewer for the Day – Beer Donors Wanted!
Do you enjoy how your homebrew puts a smile on people faces? Bring your competition beer to share at the grand tasting in Salinas on May 7th! There will be a chance to win some amazing prizes only for homebrewers who donate and serve their homebrew at the event. Space is Limited. If this sounds like something you want to do here are the requirements.
• Homebrewers donating beer are also encouraged to brew a 5gl batch of Session IPA, Fruit Beer (Any Style) or both. These 2 beer styles will be judged independently from the competition the day of the grand tasting for beer glory and prizes. Only homebrewers bringing a competition beer to serve can enter this special category. Individual prizes will be awarded for Best Session IPA & Best Fruit Beer at the event.
• All homebrew brought to the event to partake in the grand tasting is up for Peoples Choice Award.
• Homebrewers donating beer to event will get Free Entry plus Complimentary Pass.
• Homebrewer and helper will receive complimentary lunch