Tis the season for The MASH831 Spring Homebrew Competition 2017! This year is extra special with our friends at Alvarado St. Brewery sponsoring the competition making it a Pro-AM. What does this mean? The winning homebrew will be brewed commercially at one of their locations and available to the public. Yes, your beer ON TAP at their brewery. With that said…TIME TO BREEEEEWWWW!
Competition Beer Styles
This years competition is Open Category. Open Category as defined by BJCP 2015 Style Guide Lines. For more information Click Here. Half the battle with homebrew competitions is entering your beer in the appropriate category. Please look over all categories and make sure you pick the best one that represents your homebrew! This will Not be a BJCP Certified event, but will be judged in similar fashion.
The Competition will be Judged Head to Head! An award/certificate will not be given to each category. Only beer scoring higher than 30pts will push to the championship rounds. All competitors will receive score sheets for each entry. Score sheets will be mailed to the address provided and/or available for pick up at Bottoms Up after the event.
Bottle Entry Guidelines
– Each Entry : $8 << Cash
– 1 Entry Per Category Per Competitor. A competitor may enter beers in all categories, but not 2 beers in the same category. 2 bottles per entry are required. Entries must be submitted in standard capped amber 12oz or 22oz bottles with no distinct markings.
– Entries must have bottle ID label rubber banded to each bottle. [SPRING2017-BOTTLE.ID-FORM]
– Click Here to See A Sample of your Bottle Entry.
– Bottle drop off location: Bottoms Up Homebrew Supply
– Bottle Entry Window – 4/20 – 4/27
– Prizes -> TBA
– Winners will be notified prior to the event and receive a complimentary ticket to the grand tasting event.
Play Pro Brewer for the Day – Calling All Homebrewers!!
This is the 2nd year and the Largest Hombrew Event in Monterey County! Last year there we over 30 homebrewers and 400gls of homebrew at the Steinbeck Homebrew Festival! Bring your competition beer to share at the Grand Tasting on May 6th and make this year even better! There will be a chance to win some amazing prizes for your generosity, but Space is Limited. If this sounds like something you want to do here are the requirements.
• All homebrew brought to the event to partake in the grand tasting is up for Peoples Choice Award.
• Homebrewers donating beer to event will get Free Entry plus Complimentary Passes
• Homebrewer and 1 helper will receive complimentary lunch
• Following the event there will be a brewers reception/ meet and greet
• All Homebrewers pouring beer must be RBS Certified. Learn More Here. RBS Certification is good for 2 years. Homebrewers who served last year are ready to go!